What is a Health Coach?
A health coach is a person who provides support to help you achieve your personal goals for health and wellness. As a health coach, I work one-to-one with people either in person or over the phone, and I wear many hats as I work with my clients. I am . . .
A listener—to your health story. I want to hear what your health has been like in the past, what your current struggles are and what your future dreams for wellness look like.
A detective—that thinks hard with you about underlying causes for where you are today and what the puzzle pieces are that will fit together to create greater wellness for you.
An educator—who shares cutting-edge nutritional and wellness information with you.
A strategist—who helps you both pinpoint where you’re stuck and create a plan for moving through obstacles.
A health coach might be right for you if:
- You dream of greater health for yourself but don’t know how to achieve it.
- You feel trapped in an unhealthy way of eating/living but deeply desire change.
- You'd like to do your best to prevent long-term degenerative diseases like diabetes, cancer and Alzheimer’s.
- You prefer to tackle your health issues by natural means rather than medication.
- You feel your physician doesn’t really have the time to listen to all of your health concerns or strategize with you about how you can achieve greater wellness.
- The thought "I was a healthy person until ______" resonates with you and stirs a longing to recover what was lost.