These are some key assumptions I bring to the table as we work together:
- We are all unique with different health stories, challenges and lifestyles, and no one way of eating or caring for ourselves works for everyone.
- Science has very valuable information to offer us about how to achieve optimal health, and we need to pay attention to it.
- Dietary and lifestyle changes can be tough and usually don’t happen overnight.
- It is frequently helpful to take a look at what's going on inside of us to facilitate change and growth.
- The journey to greater wellness at midlife is incredibly worthwhile! Whether we move by baby steps or leaps and bounds, being ON the journey is what matters most.
- Compassion and love are necessary components of the journey—for ourselves since we won’t do this perfectly--and for our family members and friends who may not understand our desire to change.
- There are some aspects of our growth and formation—things of beauty and courage and strength and perseverance—that are best called out of us and brought to birth by another person.